The tour will be hosted by Chicago area wine expert, Jim Bryant and escorted by Greg Pearson of Travelex, International.
We arrive in Montevideo,Uruguay and begin our journey to the finest wineries and restaurants in the region, while also visiting the area of Colonia. Next, on to Buenos Aires Argentina, visiting Salta, Cachi and Colome, Cafayate and Mendoza before returning to Buenos Aires. Throughout the tour, we lodge at elegant 5* or historic hotels, visit famous wineries for private tastings and dining experiences, meet the local winemakers, chefs, and more! Our evenings offer included gourmet dining opportunities at some of the areas unique or Michelin starred restaurants. We will do some touring, visiting some of the significant sights and experiences of the areas. We will have reservation assistance and more information available to help you plan your free time.
- Private wine tasting experiences such as Manuel Filgueira, Altos de La Ballena, El Buen Suspiro, Puna Winery, Colome Winery, Yacochuya Winery, Piatelli Winery, Estancia Los Cardones, Cavas Wine Lodge, Catena Zapata, Norton Bodega, Bodega Finca La Anita, Matervini, Lagarde Winery, Casa De Uco, Clos de los Siete
- Deluxe Dinner events (10) with wine pairings, some at Michelin starred restaurants
- Deluxe Lunch (7) events with wine pairings
- Breakfast Daily
- Luxury 5-Star or elegant historic Hotels (Alma Historica Hotel, El Charco hotel, Alvear Palace, Estancia Colome Winery Hotel, Grace de Cafayate, The Vines Resort & Spa, Cavas Wine Lodge)
- VIP meet and greet private Arrival and Departure Transfers on tour dates, at Buenos Aires Airport and for all inter-country (South American) flights.
- All gratuities for driver, guides, listed meal experiences and porterage at hotels are included.
Included In The Tour Cost:
➢ Accommodations as indicated in the itinerary, including taxes and service charges;
➢ Meals as indicated (13-Breakfast, 7-Lunch, 10-Dinner );
➢ Airport transfers upon arrival and departure;
Inter- Air from Uruguay to Argentina is included (economy class)
➢ All ground transportation as indicated;
➢ Services of English-speaking guides for included transfers and sightseeing;
➢ All sightseeing as indicated inclusive of entrance fees;
➢ Baggage handling and tip to porter, for 1 piece of luggage per person, at airports;
➢ Comprehensive assortment of pre-tour planning materials and amenities;
➢ Escorted by Chicago Area Wine Expert Jim Bryant and Travelex International’s Greg Pearson
Not Included In The Tour Cost:
International Airfare is additional. Any airport taxes. Passport and visa fees. Supplemental Travel Insurance (which is strongly recommended). Excess baggage or shipping charges. gratuities to local guides, Items of personal nature such as telephone / fax / internet charges, laundry, misc. beverages, meals and services not specified in the itinerary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS STRONGLY ADVISED- Your deposit is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled or postponed by supplier due to unforeseen circumstances.
A 4% service charge will be added for the convenience of making a credit card payment.
- Airport meet and greet, Welcome to Uruguay!
- Afternoon visit to home of Manuel Filgueira
- Dinner and Overnight at Alma Historica Hotel (D)
- Breakfast at the Hotel
- Visit Lote 8 Olive Oil Production Facility
- Lunch and tastings at Vina Eden Winery
- Tastings at Garzon Overnight at Alma Historica Hotel (B, L)
- Transfer to Colonia with lunch at Las Liebres Restaurant
- Walking tour of Colonia del Sacramento (A Unesco World Heritage Site)
- Tastings at “El Buen Suspiro”
- Dinner at Casa Viera Restaurant
- El Charco Hotel-Senior Room (B,L,D)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to the port for ferry (Business class) to Buenos Aires
- Dinner in Palermo with Argentinian traditions
- Alvear Palace Hotel or Four Seasons Buenos Aires (B, D)
- Full Day tour with Professor Alejandro Frango.
- Lunch at Aldo’s restaurant for Tapas and Wine tasting
- Enjoy a cocktail and wonderful view at Alvear Icon hotel
- Dinner at Elena Restaurant at the Four Season Hotel
- Alvear Palace Hotel or the Four Seasons Buenos Aires (B,L,D)
- This morning, you will be transferred to Domestic Airport on time for your flight to Salta
- Arrive in Salta- Drive (3-hr) to Cachi with spectacular views!
- Lunch at New Puna restaurant and Winery
- Dinner at Colomé in a unique setting
- Estancia Colomé Winery Hotel (B,L,D)
- Visit to Colomé Winery via dirt road from Molinos for a 3-course lunch paired with exquisite Wines
- Visit to the James Turell Museum installations
- Dinner is at Colomé. Estancia Colomé – (B, L, D)
- Journey (3-hr) to Cafayate with a visit to town
- Visit the ancient Vines of Yacochuya Winery
- Dinner at Bad Brother Winery
- Grace de Cafayate luxury hotel, (B, D)
- Visit to Piatelli Winery and tasting Followed by a Cooking Class
- Lunch to enjoy your cooking!
- Visit and tastings at Estancia Los Cardones Winery
- Picnic Tea at Sunset At Finca Las Nubes
- Grace de Cafayate – (B, L, Picnic D)
- Transfer to the Airport on time for your flight to Mendoza and onward to hotel in Uco valley (1.5 hr)
- The Vines of Mendoza Wine experience: work with world renowned Winemaker Santiago Achaval
- Develop your own blend to enjoy with family and friends!
- Dinner at Siete Fuegos Restaurant at the hotel- The Vines Resort & Spa (B, D)
- Join The Vines team experts on a journey through the vineyard!
- Cocktail Sunset at Corazón del Sol.
- Dinner at Clos de los Siete (Diamandes or Monteviejo, winery TBD)
- The Vines Resort & Spa (B,L,D)
- Visit to Viña Cobos winery. the inaugural 1999 vintage of Cobos Malbec, which is recognized for receiving the highest score to date for any Argentine wine Viña Cobos has developed an expansive portfolio of ultra-premium wines that continues to grow today. The pride of founders Andrea Marchiori, Luis Barraud and Paul Hobbs, receive international recognition and appreciation.
- Visit CATENA ZAPATA WINES.
- A Special dinner tonight at Cavas Wine Lodge: Large table at the vineyards with bonfire.
- CAVAS Wine Lodge (B, D)
- Wine and tango at Matervini Winery
- Lunch and visit at Lagarde Winery
- Dinner at Riccitelli Restaurant
- Cavas Wine lodge (B,L,D)
- After breakfast, transfer to Mendoza Airport, for your flight to Buenos Aires. Upon your arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
- Alvear Palace Hotel – Lounge Suites or Four Seasons Buenos Aires – E Lounge Floor – (B)
- Buenos Aires depart. Transfer to the airport to board your flight back home with beautiful memories of these amazing wine regions of South America!
This itinerary is subject to changes and substitutions of similar or enhanced elements.