Everyone has one – it’s a list of all of the dream destinations and things you want to do in your life. It’s a bucket list, or as some may call it, a “life list”. It varies from person to person, but the general idea of it stretches across genders, races, and cultures. What trips and activities are at the top of your bucket list? To help you get the creative wheels spinning, we’ve put together this list of a few of the best bucket list trips in the world.
1. Dive the Great Barrier Reef. As South Pacific specialists, we couldn’t talk about the best trips in the world and not discuss the Great Barrier Reef. While there are so many Australia trips that could be included on this list, none compare in grandeur like this. The world’s largest barrier reef system, the Great Barrier Reef stretches for over 1,500 miles. If you don’t have your diving certification, then consider doing a snorkeling trip. There are also boat and aerial tours available.
2. Explore the Grand Canyon. Few natural attractions in the world compare with the Grand Canyon. One of the world’s largest natural land attractions, the Grand Canyon is a playground for the outdoor enthusiast. While driving and stopping along the rim can offer a great view of the Grand Canyon, we recommend making at least a long weekend of it and doing a helicopter tour, rafting, or taking the train.
3. Cruise the Mediterranean. A Mediterranean cruise is such a good trip because it provides the chance to cross off several destinations and activities off your bucket list. A custom itinerary for a Mediterranean cruise may offer the chance to wine and cheese taste in Italy, eat your way through Spain, and explore the Greek Isles. Give yourself more than just a few days if you really want to see a lot of Europe.
4. Take an African safari. While some of the activities on this list you can successfully complete in multiple destinations, you can’t exactly take a safari outside of Africa like you can in Kruger or Serengeti National Park. Because tourism in Africa is growing so much, the types of trips you can take are also growing. For example, in South Africa you can pair your trip with a cooking class or wine tour.
5. Walk the Great Wall of China. The Great Wall of China has long been a travel icon. The Great Wall of China winds its way over 5,500 miles in China, through mountains, deserts, and plains. Its iconic history make it second to none. Since the Great Wall of China is so long, there are a wide-variety of different itineraries to follow, but we recommend having a guide to get the most out of your experience.
What’s at the top of your bucket list?